It’s an exciting time for the life sciences industry, with technology driving greater levels of efficiency, effectiveness and patient engagement and satisfaction in clinical trials.
One area which is now being focused on for improvement is informed consent. Informed consent has a major impact on regulatory compliance, enrollment rates and expenses across the life of the clinical study, yet the traditional paper-based process has transformed the process into one of the most cited deficiencies. Electronic Informed Consent (eConsent) is quickly taking on a reputation for being the next big technological innovation in clinical trials.
With both regulators and industry groups advocating the impressive benefits of eConsent, it is no surprise that 66% of top 50 Pharma companies are engaged with or planning an eConsent initiative in the near future, with 10 of the top 10 already having an eConsent strategy in place.
In this presentation we will explore eConsent technology in depth, to learn how eConsent enhances the informed consent process by:
· Streamlining the entire process, from content development and approval, to consent deployment and real-time oversight
· Designing the electronic consent to support more effective learning and retention
· Enhancing regulatory compliance to reduce risks
· Saving sponsors time and money throughout the life of the trial
· Improving participant satisfaction and reducing burden
We will discuss eConsent technologies, current regulatory guidance, benefits as well as adoption hurdles and challenges.